These delicious babies will wow even the fussiest people!
Donuts are always a good option when it comes to a delicious vegan snack – and these delicious vegan buttermilk donuts are definitely a real treat.
125ml soy milk
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
150g buckwheat flour
100g brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla powder (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
3 tbsp vegan butter, melted
1 smashed banana
For the icing
2 tbsp soy milk
2 tbsp melted vegan butter
250g icing sugar
For the topping
dark vegan chocolate, melted
1. In a large jug, combine the soy milk with the apple cider vinegar, stir and set aside to create the vegan buttermilk.
2. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl: buckwheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, vanilla powder.
3. Add the smashed banana and melted vegan butter to the vegan buttermilk and stir thoroughly.
4. Gently pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
5. Add your dough to a greased doughnut tray and. bake at 180C for 10 minutes. Let them cool down entirely before adding the glaze.
6. Combine the ingredients for the glaze: soy milk, butter and icing sugar and cover your doughnuts in the glaze. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes, then add the melted vegan chocolate to decorate. Top with flaked almonds and either serve directly or let them sit for the chocolate and icing to dry before serving.
If you’re not gluten-free you can simply swap out the buckwheat flour for self-raising flour.
This recipe was created by Romy London.
World Plant Milk Day is calling on people to sign our 7-day dairy-free challenge. Already ditched dairy? Nominate your friends and family to take part! Find out more here
NOMINATE A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER TO GO DAIRY-FREE FOR 7 DAYS.
Visit our handy nominate a friend page here.