Try this lovely vegan waffles recipe to change up a familiar favourite, these fluffy waffles are great with sweet or savoury toppings!
323ml plant based milk ( soya is best)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
225g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp. salt
25g caster sugar
40g apple sauce
50g vegan butter, melted
1. Make sure your waffle maker is preheating!
2. Firstly, pour the apple cider vinegar into the soya milk, give it a stir and then leave to
sour for about 5 mins.
3. In a bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
4. Once the soya milk has soured (gone a bit chunky) add the apple sauce and the melted
butter and mix well.
5. Whisk the wet mixture into the dry gradually and continue adding until it has all been
combined and you have a smooth mixture.
6. Spray the waffle maker with an oil-based spray and ladle in the mixture. (be careful not
7. Cook for approximately 4 minutes and then serve with berries and syrup.
Makes 6-8 waffles
Vegan Waffle Recipe kindly provided by Juliet Sear
NOMINATE A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER TO GO DAIRY-FREE FOR 7 DAYS.
Visit our handy nominate a friend page here.